As you probably already know, I just finished Corporals Course, which was a long three weeks. We had ten graded events: 3 tests, 2 uniform inspections, physical fitness test, wall locker inspection, hip-pocket class, leading a platoon in drill, and sword manual. The only thing that really stressed me out was the wall locker inspection. For those of you unaccustomed to this form of torture, I will briefly explain. I had to have basically all my uniform items displayed in a wall locker (that's like a closet sized locker) at the squad bay.
Everything had to be pressed and clean and folded appropriately. For the most part that doesn't sound too terrible, but when you consider me spending hours snipping loose threads off boot socks and ironing labels on top of them and then folding them in a tri-fold, heels together, tube on top, single fold showing, you can quickly see how frustrating it got. There was basically not a single detail about the inspection you could do your own way. Well, at least my hard work paid off. The inspector had a very difficult time finding anything wrong. He seemed quite proud of himself when he finally found something to hit me on. Oh well, I still got the highest score on it.Other than the wall locker, I really enjoyed Corporal's Course. It was fun to actually do Marine stuff again, instead of just being an air traffic controller who happens to wear cammies. In the pictures, you see me being presented with the free sword for being the honor grad, and then me walking off with it. It is a nice sword, but it is too small. About four inches too small. I don't know what I'm going to do with it since I already have a sword. I might sell it, but I might hang on to it. We'll see.
As for Yogurl, she is doing great! She is happy to have her husband back now that he isn't busy working on uniforms all night long. She's also becoming my sugar momma. For the last few weeks she has been working as an intern here and in another city. Starting tomorrow, she'll be getting paid for working at our city housing and redevelopment department. Not only is she getting paid well, but it is within walking distance. What a great deal. I'm so proud of my Yogurl.My parents came to visit, which was really fun. We like showing off our little apartment. It isn't much, but we love it. Momma and Poppa Burger both like it too. We took them to the beach, and made sure they all got wet, even though Poppa Burger tried to avoid it. Now we are looking forward to Yogurl's folks coming out to visit in a week and a half too.
The last picture is of the tinfoil dinners we said we were making last blog. They were sooo good. Yum, yum.
1 comment:
Congratulations to the Manburger! Honor graduate! And good job Laura, nice catch!
Post a Comment