Hey everybody! Yogurl got her haircut this week! Here she is with her beautiful new haircut.

We had a pretty okay week this week. On Tuesday morning I went and picked up my orders to the motorcycle safety course on base. I signed up about a month and a half ago, but this was the first available class. Then Tuesday afternoon work calls me and tells me that there is a meritorious sergeant board going on the next day. What a raw deal. I mean, it's great that they want me to get promoted, but how crummy that it is the same time as the course I've been waiting so long for. As far as giving me last minute notice, well that's just how things usually go at work. So I went in to the safety course guys and told them I couldn't make it, which didn't make them too happy. When I told them it was for a promotion board, they said they could still get me through the course as long as I showed up by noon. I didn't think there would be a problem with that since the board started with a PFT at 0630. Wrong. Later that evening, around 1800, I found out that the last part of the board was scheduled for 1330 and probably would run until 1430. So, that's that. Anyway, I won, but it's nothing to celebrate over yet. I won the same board last quarter, and I didn't end up getting promoted. Hopefully things will work out better this time.
Our weekend turned out great, though. My brother and his wife came and brought their adorable little boy, Brandon.

He is so cute. Fun things this weekend included my brother eating sushi for the first time. He actually handled it really well. He claims that being forced to eat tomatoes is worse than being forced to eat sushi. Maybe with some more sushi experience, he'll learn to love it. This picture is him enjoying the sushi.

We all went hiking in Torrey Pines state reserve. It is just north of San Diego, and it is absolutely wonderful. We hiked on a trail that led down through some cliffs to the beach. It was really fun.

We sure enjoyed having them here and hope they come back soon.
1 comment:
Hey...I know I left a comment on here...what did you do delete it? Email me the picuters. Thanks.
Post a Comment